Saturday, December 4, 2010

LED Risers

So I have been thinking lately about LED risers for skateboards and risers. This is because I am currently repainting a Sector 9 Joel Tudor Signature Series. The wood on the deck is amazing, so I thought I would hand paint it (it will be posted once its complete). But for a special feature, I want this board to light up so everyone sees me coming!

xBoard Illuminators have caught my attention thanks to skatesonhaight.com and I have to say I kind of like how these look. They really let the board glow but it's not so much that the world will be like "what the hell?" every time I pass them. Plus I will be able to show off the design in the dark because of the risers.

See them on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaH4uYphwU8&feature=player_embedded

A special feature I thought was cool about these risers were that they only raise you up about 1/8" just like a standard riser does. I was so confused about how an LED riser could be so thin, so I began to look into this. After some good research, I found that they actually wrap around the truck and fall down on the sides. This was a smart move for the xBoard people. Props.

I hope to get my hands on a set of these soon so I can give them a try! Also they only sell for 9.99 per on skatesonhaight.com so they are also a great value! Give them a shot and send me pictures to see you in action!

Ride on. Ride Strong. Ride Long. Endless Longboards.

2 comments:

  1. I tried these, they look decent, the design is fairly smart like you mentioned with the wrap around, but its cheap shit. Even the batteries they include are knockoff panasonic double A. Not that that was the actual problem, just an example of this being a cheap product.

    Putting them on was pretty easy, but they broke literally the first time i actually got on and rode with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.

    Balsa Surfboard & Balsa Wood

    ReplyDelete