Monday, March 14, 2011

Bone Swiss Labyrinth Bearings

So I hit up Carve Skate Shop for the first time in a while because I was finishing a few things on my Arbor Axis Bamboo. Bearings were the last thing on the list and when I went to Carve, they were out of the Super Swiss 6 that I had intended on getting so instead I went with their suggestion and got the Bone Swiss Labyrinth.

Bone Swiss Labyrinth
Boarding on these guys for a couple of weeks now I have gotten a feel for how they are straight out of the box. One thing that I noticed first off was the longevity of my rolling after a kick. These bearings will let you roll for a long time straight out of the box, and only continue to get better as they get broken in. This was a huge plus with me. Acceleration was about on par with the Bone REDS however.

A perk they added onto these bearings was the double sided dirt shields. This enables speed cream to stay within the bearing and dirt to continue to stay out. A downside to this however is the cleaning process of the bearings. Remember that you need to be careful when taking off the dirt shields and never bend them; with shields on both sides, this can become a real trick.

Overall, I am satisfied with these bearings. They put out the speed and durability on slides and hard turns when needed. Were they worth the $60 I paid for them? Probably not, they should be closer to $40, but what can you do, right? Would I recommend these bearings to people? Yes.

Ride On. Ride Strong. Ride Long. Endless Longboards

No comments:

Post a Comment