Monday, October 4, 2010

Test Run - Arbor Axis Bamboo


So as a I was searching the internet last night, I came across a very nice board by Arbor... the Axis Bamboo. It was a beautiful deck and I've heard quite a few good things about the board so I decided I would keep my eye out for it. Come to be, I was at my local Zumiez and what do I behold but an Arbor Axis Bamboo! I couldn't help myself so I bought the board.

I took the board out for a few hours today, probably a good 10 miles on the board already and I have to say it rides great. First thing I noticed when I got on the board was its feel. It has a medium flex that feels good to just roll but bends perfect even on the fasted carving. With the through trucks that's on the deck make carving easy, clean, and so quick. I can't say I have been on a board that turns so well in quite a while. With Gullwing 10" Charger Trucks you can't go wrong. The wheels on it are a 72/75a sounds beautiful against the pavement. As I was rolling, I could just hear the wheels grip the concrete and ensure that the ride was smooth and great.

The only thing I can think to upgrade at this time is the bearings from stock Abec 5 bearings to Bone REDS to ensure a longevity your ride and a great bearing to ride on for just about anything.

As we all know though, Houston has little to no hills at all so I will be trying out the boards real ability tonight in a parking garage. Lets see just how well we can slide this board.

No comments:

Post a Comment