Thursday, November 11, 2010

Bearings

What defines a longboard? It's deck? It's wheels? It's trucks? Personally, I believe its the bearings that define the board. They give you the power to roll however fast you want, and with bad, old, rusted, or warped bearings you will never be able to do anything that you want. However I have the solution for your problems. Whether you are new to longboarding, just bought a new stock complete board, or are as broke as me, bearings seem like an expensive fix; however this couldn't be any more wrong.

Bone REDS
The bearings that I personally use on most of my boards (because I haven't put them on the rest yet) are a very reliable style called Bone REDS. These are more than just your generic bearings and are the most valued bearings for the price you can get them at. Made by Bones, a well known company for their bearings being of top quality, you know for sure that you will get only the best out of these guys.

Why buy these? That is simple. They work. Need I say more? But why do they work so well? Thats because of their simple design. With the standard seven ball design inside the bearings, and easy to clean design, I wouldn't want to ask for more. Being skate rated by Bones, these bearings are proven to be able to take the beating that skate board and longboard wheels and bearings take. This includes the strain from sliding, hard landings, and dirt!

My favorite part about these bearings however is that they come pre-lubricated and ready to use, but if you want to lube them up or clean them at a later date, it couldn't be any easier than 1, 2, 3!

Bone REDS Ceramics
For the more advanced users, try Bone REDS Ceramic bearings, unique to their white dirt cover instead of the red. Have any questions about ceramic bearings, comment and I will be sure to answer you.

No comments:

Post a Comment